GF, Vegan, Fresh AF
- o.5 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin (more or less to taste)
- Himalayan pink salt
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp mustard
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 bunch organic kale
- 1 cup organic quinoa dry
- 1 bunch organic parsley
- 1-2 medium size organic tomatoes
- half red onion
- 1/3 organic cucumber
- 1 can Eden Foods black beans (unsalted and rinsed well)
- rinse the quinoa. add it to a pot with 1.5 cups of water. once it starts boiling, lower the temperature and cover for 10 minutes. then take it off the heat for 5 minutes still covered.
- finely chop up the kale and parsley
- add the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil. massage it into the kale (very key)
- finely chop up the cucumber, tomato, and onion. add it to the bowl
- add the black beans, the seasonings, and mustard
- once the quinoa is cooked and cooled, add it to the salad. mix it up. serve it up.
this is one of my all time favorite summer salads. it’s great to serve for a family dinner or to batch prep for the week.
this recipe features one of the most detoxifying herbs: parsley. not only is it delicious but it’s very high in vitamins A, C, and K (essential for bone health). the main antioxidants in parsley are flavonoids, carotenoids, and vitamin C. the carotenoids prevalent in parsley are lutein, beta carotene, zeaxanthin, which all support healthy vision. in many studies, it has also been shown to have antibacterial properties.
according to the medical medium (Anthony William), parsley can alkalize the entire body. this is beneficial for preventing and fighting every single type of cancer. furthermore, it keeps bacteria, parasites, and fungus away, and it helps with any mouth related issues. additionally, it is high in trace minerals such as magnesium, sulfur, iron, zinc, manganese, molybdenum, chromium, selenium, iodine, and calcium (page 210 of Life Changing Foods).