fresh summer salad
- 0.5 tbsp olive oil organic extra virgin
- 1 bunch organic kale
- 1 cup organic quinoa dry (cook with 1.5 cups water)
- 1 bunch organic parsley
- 1-2 medium size organic tomatoes
- 1 half organic red onion
- 1/3 organic cumber
- 1 can Eden Foods black beans unsalted; rinsed well
- 1 medium size lemon
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin more or less to taste
- pinch pepper
- pinch himalayan pink salt
- rinse the quinoa. add it to a pot with water. once it starts boiling lower the temperature and cover for 30 minutes.
- finely chop up the kale and parsley
- add the lemon juice, apple cidar vinegar, and olive oil. massage it into the kale
- finely chop up the cucumber, tomato, and onion. add it to the bowl
- add the black beans and all the seasonings.
- once the quinoa is cooked and cooled, add it into the salad. mix it up. serve it up
this is one of my all time favorite summer salads. it’s great to serve for a family dinner or to batch prep for the week.
this recipe features one of the most detoxifying herbs: parsley. not only is it delicious but it’s very high in vitamins A, C, and K (essential for bone health). the main antioxidants in parsley are flavonoids, carotenoids, and vitamin C. the carotenoids prevalent in parsley are lutein, beta carotene, zeaxanthin, which all support healthy vision. in many studies, it has also been shown to have antibacterial properties.
according to the medical medium (Anthony William), parsley can alkalize the entire body. this is beneficial for preventing and fighting every single type of cancer. furthermore, it keeps bacteria, parasites, and fungus away, and it helps with any mouth related issues. additionally, it is high in trace minerals such as magnesium, sulfur, iron, zinc, manganese, molybdenum, chromium, selenium, iodine, and calcium (page 210 of Life Changing Foods).