We’re all about nutrition here on Get the Glowdown, and we couldn’t think of a better person to bring on for advice and information than the amazing Vanessa Rissetto! A woman of many achievements, Vanessa is a registered dietician, the cofounder of Culina Health, the Dietetic Internship Director for New York University, and was named by Essence magazine as one of the top 5 black nutritionists that will change the way you think about food! In today’s episode, we tap into some of Vanessa’s expertise and talk all things nutrition, including:
- How Vanessa started her health and nutrition journey, her educational background and how she founded Culina Health
- Dispelling many myths about dieting and the rigidity of mainstream diet culture
- How to balance your quality of life and nutrition to eat what you love while still living a healthy lifestyle
- Vanessa’s tips for eating a nutrient dense diet while bypassing many of the grueling dieting practices that don’t actually work
- Living.a healthy lifestyle (regardless if you fit into societal “health” standards)
We learned SO much from Vanessa and hope you did too! We hope she can come back for another episode and spread some more of her sage wisdom! Make sure to check out her information linked below.
We have a Facebook group, and we want YOU to join! Grab your adaptogenic lattes and palo santo and head to our Facebook group: “Get The Glowdown Podcast Babes”. This is a group for health oriented goddesses to freely discuss anything that their hearts desire pertaining to health and wellness. Head to the page and introduce yourself!
Raise your vibration:
Follow Get the Glowdown on Instagram
Follow Sloane on Instagram
Follow Anna on Instagram
Join the Facebook group
Follow Vanessa on Instagram
Follow Culina Health on Instagram
Check out Culina Health’s Website